Thursday, April 19, 2007

WASL Week

Here is the summary: Kids are crazy, I am grumpy. Fun week huh? I have had 5th graders rolling around on the ground, totally standard in a class of 1st graders--a little out of place in 5th... There are kids getting in fights. We had one girl get suspended from her bus, not tell her mom, hide from the bus the next day, walk to school and then make up a story about this guy abducting her when she was late. They were about to have to make a police report (she was saying details down to the make/model of his car and a detailed physical description) when they somehow found out she was making the whole thing up to get out of trouble for not telling her mom about the suspension.

But tonight Alissa's work friends are coming over. We are going to let them experience honey from a ladder with us. So that's a highlight. I think Ashley is bringing cocktails in exchange for use of the "forger"--translated "serger" I figure she is not touching the thing if she thinks it's a forger-there is a big blade on it. Especially not if there are cocktails involved, somehow sergers and cocktails shouldn't be combined. I guess I also get to meet this Lisa girl who we have made very loud scrubs for and she lives up in the boonies without indoor plumbing and is loud and crazy and wild and fun. We have also made scrubs for Ashley-that's how she knew about the "forger"--she and her husband moved here after Katrina from New Orleans and I guess being a new nurse and frugal due to loosing all of their possessions under 20 feet of water... she doesn't have many scrubs and didn't have any cute ones. We help. I don't know who else is coming, but it should be fun. They dump honey from a ladder, what else do you need?

Tomorrow is also exciting, but it is a surprise for Alissa's birthday with Gabbie and Monica and Brian, so I will talk about that later.

I am still pondering the Courage thing. 172 miles seems like a long way... and I don't have to decide till Alissa finds out if she can get it off from work... Advice from school: Tim says: "that will be painful in the girl parts--you can come hike 100+ miles with us around Mt. Rainier instead" Elisabeth: "I would never consider it, but my husband would say go for it" Roy: "that is a great idea if you want to feel like you are sawing yourself in half."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it very funny that your blogs are all coming in the morning - oh you not morning person

Anonymous said...

Oops - that was from your mommy

ktdodat said...

venting is a good way to start the day. well... coffee and venting...

Anonymous said...

Katie
It is not venting and coffee, but a venti coffee that makes for a good start of the day.
Dad