Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Good friend

Today was Alissa's birthday. Being the nice friend I am I took her to a movie. We saw Blades of Glory. I even bought popcorn. I was not expecting too much, after all, it IS Will Farrell, but we laughed. A lot. It was actually quite amusing. The number of figure skaters in a movie which pretty brutally made fun of figure skating was great. And it was surprisingly sparse on tasteless gay jokes.

Then, being an even nicer friend, I took her to Red Lobster. And let her get the crab. Which meant I was forced to get dessert while I patiently waited for her to crack each leg painstakingly. She only gets to order crab with me once a year, I am patient, but not THAT patient. So not only did I get to eat salmon (always a good thing) but they accidentally put two portions of salmon in my bag so I get salmon tomorrow too... And I got a caramel apple pie/tart thing. (while I felt a little bit bad having dessert when Alissa wasn't, she couldn't eat any of the desserts anyway, and she got lobster-artichoke dip...)

And because we went to an early movie, we are home in time to watch someone get booted from American Idol and see Lost.

No comments: