Saturday, April 28, 2007

Gabbie got engaged today. Finally. I never actually thought it would happen. Ring and everything. I figured they would indefinitely go on living together. But they are engaged. Evidently there is a funny story. I will hear it when Alissa gets home.

I spent most of the day at church today. It was nice. Nothing too eventful. Everyone seemed to be excited to see me. Or thankful that I was no longer stuck in the bathroom puking like I was last week. Everyone also seemed to know that puking was going on last week. I need to talk to Heidi about over-sharing of details. I also made them brownies, so that could add to the excited-to-see-me attitude. They all seemed quite impressed with my brownies. I tried to pass the praise on to my good brownie-making friend, Betty. But they were still impressed. Except a couple people that seemed a little snobbish about the box-brownies. Really. I bake bread, I make pies, I have made my own stinking bagels, brownies are not worth making from scratch because there is no difference. Why make them from scratch when no one could tell and you don't like them better?

I also had teryaki for dinner. It was tasty, and I met the funniest little girl who was waiting for her food. I think the parents were slightly annoyed that I was talking to their child, but who cares? she was cute. Kindergarten. Missing a tooth. Thought I was the funniest person ever when I complained about not having the tooth fairy visit me in a long time. She says that is because all of my teeth are grown ups now. She only has two teeth that are grown ups. She knows two dance moves. Neither works in sandles. Evidently they are very cool moves in her big tap dance shoes. Her name is Rachel.

No comments: