Tuesday, April 3, 2007

It's up


Ok, I am tired, yet can't go to bed because my sheets are in the dryer. It's a problem, and I know when they are done I will have no energy at all to finish making it, but it will feel soooo good to sleep in my own bed, in clean sheets, in my new frame, that is so nice and replaced the old frame which is now leaning on the futon cause I can't figure out how to take it apart. I think man-strength and beating on it and maybe kicking it is involved because I certainly couldn't manage to get the thing apart or folded or anything like that. It seems solid. but there must be a way...

Anyway, thank you Daddy for the beautiful bedframe, it fits and looks quite nice. Do you notice how badly the bedside table goes with it... :( if only I had one that matched :)

Also, please ignore the messiness... it goes with trying to put together a bed and not cleaning the whole room first. And the fact I didn't post photos with a lovely quilt, obviously due to me being sitting here waiting for the sheets to dry, there is no quilt on the bed...

3 comments:

ktdodat said...

I think Alissa approves of the new bed. It doesn't have the squeaking problem that the old frame did. No, I am not doing anything in it other that rolling over or turning from side to side to cause squeakage. But we did a squeak test this morning and she was quite impressed.

Not Lucy said...

It is a beautiful bed frame. It will look even better with a pretty quilt or two on it.

ktdodat said...

It has several (ok, 7, if we are honest) now, and if I had a camera other than my phone, I would show you how pretty it looks made.