Tuesday, May 1, 2007

After my nap this evening, I was quite productive... I hemmed 6 pairs of pants, 4 for Gabbie (It was hard for me to stomach cutting between 4 and 6 inches off of pants-wishing I could add them to my own. 3 1/2 inches off of a girls size 16 for an adult), and 2 for her primary at work (they have kids that they do special things for and I think are responsible for purchasing clothes for and stuff, but she is chunky and so needed a size 14-16 (same size as Gabbie) but with 8-10 inches hacked off. Alissa did all of the sewing, i just ironed and cut and replaced needles (beaded applique on one of the little girl pants)

Then I fixed Ashley's duvet cover. her mother-in-law made it from sheets but didn't finish the hole where the stuffing went in, so it was fraying. I used the "forger" to fix it and then alissa sewed it down to make a finished hem (novel concept) I think Ashley may be buying us dinner in exchange for that 10 minutes of work.


We also went to Joann's where we got in some trouble. Only 1, no 2, new scrub tops for Alissa, and they were on sale (not that that justifies it). but our purpose was to get fabric for Sarah and Mark's quilt for their wedding (gotta get on it, it's gotta be done sept 1.) Haven't decided arrangement, but the background is a rich tan basketweave-y thing, the chains is a deep brown floral, and the stars are purples and well, sea-foam. It will be lovely, the colors are deep and rich and Sarah and Mark better love it.

Also have some sort of project coming up for Gabbie. This might be one option, it's called the 5 spot. The 5-spot is also one of Gabbie's favorite places to eat. She wants fabric that "means something" so we might attempt that. we would put "meaningful" fabric in each of the 5 spots and tie it together with some sort of simple, solid-y colors in the rest.

No comments: