Monday, May 7, 2007

baby steps...


It seems that if you do something persistantly you do make progress... without even trying you start to notice it.

I rode 10 miles today. 10 miles in 49 minutes. 10 miles in 49 minutes with 5 or 6 fairly major stop lights to sit and wait for.

Also notable is that I am now able to venture into the realm of the higher gears. More work, more speed, less pedaling, fun times. I was comfortably riding 12-16 mph most of the ride.

Annoying is that my thighs seem to be growing by leaps and bounds and I seem to be gaining weight. Not necessarily size anywhere other than the thighs, but weight... Oh well, muscle is heaver. Last summer I grew biceps from picking up the toddlers, this summer it will be thighs...

Alissa and I are gaining an entourage for the Courage. Rebecca says she will ride it, Brita is trying to convince my parents it is a good idea and work out a way to get over here. I think Michelle may still be pondering it, and Adam I think would do it if Gabbie was interested and he wasn't getting married sometime soon.

No comments: