Monday, May 14, 2007

circus

Being the awesome teacher I am, I came up with the brilliant idea no my way home to make costumes for my kids for the kindergarten circus. I have till June 14. So I went to Joann's and bought some fleece. I made a prototype of a lion's mane--think those fringey scarves in gold and rust, with two little ears popping out, tied around a little head, under the chin... and a tail to match (I would take a picture, but it really quite looses the effect on my big adult head) then I made dog ears out of black/white polka dot furry fleece. they are two floppy ears and attatched to a head band that velcros around the head. Then I made a pony tail, and mane and ears on a headband. And finished up with bear ears on a headband. Now I just need to do the monkey ears and tail, and something for my little clowns and ring masters.... Why do I get myself into these things? but now that I have a prototype/pattern... should go quickly, and I can probably convince alissa to help...

Also today the check engine light came on on my car, so... irrrgh... I had to take it in for an oil change anyway, but annoying, at least I have a good warranty... so, I get to take it in Thursday afternoon. So I guess I will take a half day on Thursday...

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

We had our check engine light come on and took it into the dealer after only 5,000 miles. It turns out that light comes on as a reminder to get your oil changed and there is a way to turn it off. You might want to check your manual.

ktdodat said...

That makes sense... Well, it was time to get it changed anyway...