Monday, March 26, 2007

spring optimism

I went on a bike ride today and noticed something. Everyone is nicer in the spring. Everyone I saw outside was smiling and friendly and greeting each other with an "isn't it so exciting that we are both outside and not freezing our tails off or getting soaked" kind of cheer. Even the people mowing their lawns seemed excited to be mowing because they were mowing for the first time of the season and that means things are growing (and they haven't had to do it for a while) When you are outside in september people are much less friendly. They have a selfishly hoarding the last days of niceness kind of attitude.

In other news, I am out of shape and have wonderful allergies to all of the new things that are deciding to grow and bloom right now, so I rode a whopping 4 miles. But then I went inside and did a little hip hop abs, so it all balances out in the end.

No comments: