Tuesday, March 6, 2007

I like pasta

I realize I post alot about eating stuff. But I do eat every day. I sit here, trying to think of something interesting to say to convince people like my mother that I am still alive. And all that comes into mind is I just made some really nice pasta. I had some whole wheat/asparagus ravioli from safeway and some spinach marinara and then added a ton of mushrooms and peppers to the sauce and roasted some asparagus in lemon and spices and put the whole thing together and had some salad on the side with spinach and feta and cucumbers. I really enjoyed my dinner. and the nice thing is if I do it right, in making dinner, i can make lunch too and put it in containers and be ready for tomorrow. And make people jealous with my nummy lunches that way beat what people bring in a frozen cardboard box. Why would you want to eat something out of a frozen cardboard box?

Other than that, it is our 5th straight week of cleaning the house every Tuesday. Alissa and I are turning into regular little housewives--now all we need are husbands...

School is busy. Grades are due this week (which means that right now I am procrastinating)

I had to deal with a racial bullying incident today. One of my 6th grade math students came up to me and said "he just said I was white" My response was, "You know, Anthony, you are white." (maybe not the most understanding...) Anthony said "no--he said it in a racial way. I didn't like it. He told me "shut up you stupid white boy" So, being the good teacher I inquired a bit more and found out it was someone on the purple bus who was wearing a blue shirt. How old was he? "big enough that he could hurt me if he wanted to" says Anthony (an average size 6th grader) So I go onto the purple bus and I am looking around for someone in a blue shirt when I hear this kid say "get out of the way, fatso" so, hmmm, tip off, did you say blah, blah, blah to someone outside? yeah. the kicker is that he is a third grader. A third grader is bullying a sixth grader. What could he be capable of if left unchecked?

1 comment:

Not Lucy said...

You do write about food quite a bit but at least you don't consume quite as much as your cousin. Copious quantities of kuchen, knepf, chex mix and anything else he can get his hands on. Why isn't he fat? I don't know - it just isn't fair!