Thursday, March 8, 2007

asparagus

So yet another food post. I could write about other things like how busy work is or how upset everyone is about not having any subs and loosing planning time or how I keep barely dodging the bullet to have to go sub in classrooms--this week my strategy is tell them that I either get my grade deadline extended OR I do my own job... It has worked up to this point. I could talk about children who are out of control trouble makers that I have to continuously keep a firm handle on to get them to do anything, but what is the fun in that? Really, discipline your children. So, since I can't come up with anything other than a ton of things that I need to do like grades for 700 students by monday, preparing my choir for festival in less than two weeks, and putting together two different slideshows by next friday, I will say that I made some chicken and roasted red peppers (which i guessed at how to make and turned out amazing. It was tasty, and I discovered the best way I think I have ever had asparagus.

Here is what I did if you ever want tasty food...

Potatos

Spread 9x9 pan with olive oil
sprinkle with "it's a dilly" seasoning (dill, onion, lemon peel, and garlic)
sprinkle with salt
Place halved red potatos cut side down in oil, so they get a little crispy-crunchy
Bake 1 hour at 375

Chicken

Put chicken breasts on a cookie sheet
Splash generously with lemon juice
sprinkle with salt, pepper, and dill weed
crumble feta over the top

Bake 40 minutes at 375

then with about 5-10 minutes left on the potatos and chicken, I threw a bunch of asparagus, mushrooms, and bell peppers in the pans with the potatos and chicken and sprinkled them with more lemon and dill. Mmmmmmmmmmm.......

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Geez, just go around making me hungry all the time.