Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sold Out

I took a three hour nap this afternoon. Which may mean that if I go to bed tonight at about 7, I may be ready to teach tomorrow. The jr high-college conference was this weekend at church. So I was at church from 4:30 to 10:30 Thursday, from 4:30 to 12:00 Friday night, Saturday from 7:00 am to 8:30 pm, and then today from 6:45 until 1:00. And I wasn't there near as long as some of the boys. It was a crazy-amazing weekend. But absolutely exhausting. I have no energy left right now. I am trying to work through my evening choices of activity. Lay and watch a movie, lay and read a book, lay and watch tv, and lay and do nothing are top choices right now. we will see what happens.

My favorite moment of the weekend would be during the concert friday night the bass player was trying to flag down someone for some help. Lisa was across the stage and saw it and thought, "I could go, but I probably won't be able to help him if it is a technical problem." So she runs into the control room, and yells at someone to get Daniel over the comm system (stage manager for the weekend, had momentarily left his post to get water for the camera guys and had a pile of ten water bottles in his arms as he was returning) As Lisa asks this, some joker walks by and says, "the bass player needs help? I am sure he just needs his yogurt." Lisa, in a different conversation, to someone else says, "yeah I am sure that is what he needs." Melissa, as part of that conversation jumps up and runs to see what it was (turns out--someone to wipe his brow--he was playing hard and sweaty) Meanwhile, they are yelling through the comm about how much he needs yogurt, Daniel throws his water bottles down in the hall and takes off running to search the church for some yogurt--that is going above and beyond... So they made a special yogurt trophy for his work...

No comments: