Tuesday, June 12, 2007

morning thoughts

I'm lazy. And a procrastinator. I am no closer to having my circus costumes done today than I was yesterday. But a mom told me she knew where to buy clown noses and was going there after school to buy 15 of them. That's nice--yeah for moms.

I also had 15 voice mails on my phone when I checked it before I left. I didn't listen to any of them, because I was already late in leaving and didn't even want to know cause I wasn't going to deal with them anyway... Oh, to know that's what I have waiting for me when I get to work...

And it is sad to say, but I have not ridden my bike since the 30 miles almost two weeks ago. I did learn how to change a tube and it is pumped up and in the garage. I really need to ride it or I will die on August 4th. If you can die from trying to ride up a mountain while being totally unprepared? I also created a (rather lame) page for the courage. I need a good biking picture to put on there, but until then, it will have to do. If you want to check it out: http://www.firstgiving.com/katieolson

I am reading this really good book right now (when do I have time to read, you ask, I don't, except when I am awake from 1-4 in the middle of the night and can't sleep, or avoiding finishing circus costumes) It's called "Blue Like Jazz" The title doesn't make any sense to me. But it is a good book. The guy is very irreverent and hilarious in how he says stuff, but very honest and non-christian about his faith and christianity. I read this other book last year called "Girl Meets God" that was very much the same way, only the girl grew up vaguely jewish-baptist and confused, converted to full-on orthodox judiasm, and then from there became a christian and is now a christian author and part of an episcopal church. (she says some very interesting things about liturgy and jewish customs) My problem is the entire time I am reading the blue jazz book, I am thinking, this boy needs to get together with the girl from the other book. They are perfect for each other :) Ok, maybe not, but it is what I think.

No comments: