Monday, June 4, 2007

I took my bike on a ferry boat ride


The bike enjoyed it's first ferry ride. Alissa and I decided to ride around Vashon Island yesterday. Thought it would be a great afternoon. We stopped at the bike store, at rei, at top foods and then missed the boat by 2 minutes, so we waited and ate our lunch. We got on the ferry, met a man who told us which direction to take and such. The little bike enjoyed it's ride. we got off the ferry, tried to pump tires a bit. mine wouldn't hold any air, in fact it all went out. I was frustrated. A man came by, he wanted to help. We didn't have any tools. Neither did he. We realized that the valve stem got half torn off my tube. No wonder it won't hold air. We didn't have a tube. So we walked back down to the dock and waited for the next ferry. on the way home we talked to the attempted helper, John and another biker. Most things, according to them were "kick a--" including the hills on the island which they didn't think we could make, and the courage, which they didn't think we would finish. John actually has a bike he rigged as a 7th grader with a motor to help that he rides when on the island, I think that may be a wee bit crazy, but I think Vashon, if we get farther than the ferry dock would be good for training. It at least has some hills. Technically, in the summer if we got adventurous, we could make a whole day trip and do vashon to southworth and come to Olalla, or something crazy like that... We got back to the car, stopped at gart sports and freddies to get tubes and tools so now I can attempt to change a tube... fun, fun... we'll see if I can do it, or if I am taking it to the bike boys for help... but not today, today I have 650 (x2) grades to do before tomorrow. Oops, shoulda started that before today... oh, well, it'll be fun...

1 comment:

Brita said...

Procrastination... kinda kicks you in the butt sometimes doesn't it?