Saturday, June 16, 2007

closet

I worked on cleaning out my closet at school yesterday. I found a box with 3 washcloths and a single sock in it. Really, who boxes up 3 washcloths and a sock? I gave the washcloths to the sped program, they need to wash things. I was going to throw the sock away, but the sped teacher gave it to his para as a gift. she in turn is going to turn it into a bald headed sped teacher sock voodoo doll and return it as a gift. fair trade. I also found random goodwill quality sweatshirts and leggings, I gave them to the health clerk for kids who need changes of clothes. And 20 year old stuffing that had half melted. I am being fairly merciless in the closet... which means I will have room in there to move and get to stuff (maybe?) Jens should see the organization that is going on. He would be proud.

I am also coming up with all of these projects for kids to do, and making a list on the board and letting them earn the privilege of working for me during their recess. It makes me laugh to see kids fighting over each other to do my grunt work... and I tell them that if I hear them or the class I am teaching notices them, they will be forced to go to recess, so they all work quietly... it is wonderful :)

1 comment:

Not Lucy said...

Your super power is child manipulation!