Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day Sucks


And no, this is NOT me being bitter about the fact that I don't have a boyfriend. This is me being annoyed at having to teach children all day who have consumed more sugar than they should touch in a month. I did have a couple good classes. But for the most part, the entire day was hyper, sugar-high kids. And unlike Halloween, the other holiday sent to us straight from sugar-hell, the focus of the candy consumption is at school, giving it to each other. Also, unlike Halloween, February is the height of sick season. You get kids that are sick and eating too much sugar (imagine the fun) and you are fighting off all of their little germies too... I ended up with a desk full of cupcakes at the end of the day that I threw away, because 1) I couldn't sit there and eat 13 cupcakes, 3 cookies, and who knows what else without going into a sugar coma and 2) little hands touched them while they sneezed and breathed on the all the way to my room. I don't think that if I had the most wonderful boyfriend in the world I would want to even see him right now, let alone go out or try to be romantic and mushy. So maybe it is good that I don't have a boyfriend for tonight. I can sit her in my pjs and feel like crap and have no one bother me because both of the roommates are working tonight. Oh, well... One day left this week and then 4 days off. Too bad I know they will be crazy tomorrow too...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are wrong it takes at least 20 cupcakes and 11 cookies before to slip into a bad sugar coma. Trust me I have tested this subject on many occasions. Hopefully you don't get sick, have fun with your 4 days off.