Saturday, July 30, 2011

Two more down (or how bad I really suck at sewing on binding)

Two more quilt projects are finished and off my list. Of course this will illustrate how bad I am at hand sewing on binding and why I con people to do it for me at every opportunity.

This is the Western Washington Shop Hop Quilt I made from 2007. I tend to toss out block patterns that annoy me or I don't like, so I only ended up with 8 blocks. But that is ok, it is a nice little quilt. I quilted it this week and then sewed on the binding myself. Not too bad you may say...



However I also quilted this one. Aunt Alicia sewed the binding on for me. It took the same amount of time for her to sew this binding as for me to sew the first. If I did the math right that means she is 209% faster than me. Awesome.



This is for Cammy's wedding, which I should really go get ready for, as it is in an hour.

No comments: