Sunday, July 31, 2011

Insanity

I discovered this book today. Yes, it is a little insane. It is even in the title of the book. But they are bigger blocks than the Dear Janes, so it isn't SOOOO crazy. Ok, maybe it is.

I went exploring to try to find it, but ended up with this pile of fabric instead. I am pondering doing the insane quilt with greys with little bits of various colors sprinkled in the blocks as pops of color.



I also made this top yesterday and today.



I was looking at this pattern. And I pulled out a bag of 2 1/2" squares that were mostly leftover from some over cutting on a project several years ago. I wanted to use them up and changed the pattern, because I didn't want sashing and didn't want to have two different strips. This is what I came up with, not sure yet if I am in love with how it turned out.

2 comments:

Not Lucy said...

If you add a black strip around the outside I think it will be great!

ktdodat said...

I first read this and thought you were talking about the grey blocks. Did you mean navy around the squares? I know, you can't really tell that it is actually navy...