Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thanks Mom :)

So, thanks to my mom I have some things actually finished. She is the binding queen. This weekend I went to Idaho and while I was there, Mom hand stitched the binding on 5 quilts (ok, two were mini, but still, would have taken me forever...) She has another one that she is working on, but here are some FINISHED quilts!!!

For a friend's baby... nursery theme is pink and brown and elephants. And done almost a month before the baby is due!



One of these will be for my classroom. One is yet to be determined where it will go.




A co-worker requested a dark brown, red, and green quilt for her living room.



This one is for a while, it doesn't have a home yet. I'm sure I'll come up with something.




Of course the one with the nearest deadline isn't done yet, there was a little dilemma waiting for the back to arrive. Off to quilt it tomorrow (it got bordered and basted tonight so we are ready to go...) and it should be ready for the wedding on Saturday.



Close up...



Here are some more of those 1 1/2 strips used up. I divided them in to a boy and a girl quilt. Most of these are fabrics from Alissa's scrub tops. There are still enough blocks done for probably parts of 3 more quilts, but don't worry, I am sure more strips will appear.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are welcome! The border makes the quilt on the wedding one! It's great! Happy Quilting