Sunday, May 22, 2011

One down...

Another productive day under my belt...

I finished quilting three quilts! And one is completely done and ready to go to its new owner, who is thankfully still young enough to not notice the belated arrival of her baby quilt. Hopefully parents will be jazzed enough with the lovely handmade gift that they will also overlook the tardiness.

Here is a closeup of the quilting... I used a combination of swirlies and flowers and multi-stitch zig-zag.



And here is the finished product. Satin binding and all...



I also got this little one quilted and binding sewn on. I have a fortunate (or unfortunate, depending on how you look at it) tendency to make WAY too much binding for quilts, so I got both quilts today out of binding from other projects.



And another ready for the binding to be hand sewn on. That multi-stitch zig-zag sure comes in handy often. One of these days I am going to learn to set the machine up for it without consulting the book...



However, despite two quilts awaiting my fantastic handwork, I decided to procrastinate by adding the border around all of my blocks from one of our exchanges. On the last fabric depot excursion I found this fabric that works with all of the assortment blocks that have either brown, white, cream, tan, or teal around the outside. So those are ready to put together. But that will require a day where my brain can more successfully do math.

No comments: