Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day of quilting

Day one of quilting weekend is over. I got quite a bit accomplished. Last night I got the log cabin quilt bordered and basted. This morning I got to work and here is the top completely quilted. It is a log cabin that I did an overall stipple on. This may have been the first quilt I ever stippled. I don't remember another one.



After that was finished I got started on my alphabet quilt. I pieced the back together and then got it basted and half way through the quilting of it before I decided that was all I could handle in a day. I am writing in each strip, whether or not you can see it... "a is for aliens..." etc... I am through one column (A-M) and have the other to do (N-Z) tomorrow.



After finishing for the night Lucy may or may not have swallowed a pill that was on the floor so I am now on puppy watch. So far she is waking up whenever I call her (though looking at me with increasing annoyance every time I do) so hopefully there will be no emergency trip to the vet tonight.

No comments: