Sunday, October 2, 2011

Shop Hop Blocks Done


I have been working on finishing up my shop hop blocks for this year's hop. This year I decided to make blocks "inspired by" the blocks provided. Many became smaller, because 8" blocks can be clunky. Many were simplified because I don't do intricate applique. Especially not using fusible web... Only three were on the "I really can't figure out what to do with these pile" when I called it quits. I am planning on putting borders around some of the blocks with whatever scraps are left over. I only used a couple squares of fabric from my scrap bin for one block and the water and sky on the sail boat one out of my stash. I will probably need to find a fabric to fit in between them when I get around to putting the blocks together. Here is the set on flickr where you can see them all.

3 comments:

Not Lucy said...

They all look great! Someday I will get on mine!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - after seeing the fabrics and the blocks I'm not sad I missed the shop hop - except for spending the time with my daughter and sister and laughing! Good choices on your part!

ktdodat said...

Not my favorite, but... the blocks are done.