Saturday, June 25, 2011

Start and restart

After visiting 37 fabric stores across Western Washington Wednesday and Thursday, I had to go back to three of them this morning before finding supplies to begin my next project. (Was I supposed to be finishing things? Oh, I forgot... but babies appreciate having blankets before they are 17, so some things get bumped up the project list...)

I got started this afternoon on the elephants. When I got the sections finished and laid them out to put together, I discovered this...



Sometimes when you reverse two colors in a pattern it isn't that big of a deal... sometimes it introduces babies to elephant anatomy a little before we need to...

So I re-did that section... I have the 5 sections of each of the other 9 elephant blocks with 5-7 pieces added. They should be finished tomorrow, but for tonight, I am done.



I am also finally posting this one... this is block 1 of lots. I have some of it cut, but not all. Each block has 88 pieces which is insane, but I enjoy insane...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the neutral and green one - does it just use two greens - and do they come together and form sort of double wedding rings???? The elephant is cute - not sure what you did to that first one - Mom

ktdodat said...

It uses lots of different greens. Half dark-ish... half medium-ish... Yes, they form sort of a double wedding ring.

That first elephant had some issues.